HEY THERE WELLNESS WARRIORS!
Looking for an alternative to water, soda, beer, or wine but still want something exciting in a glass? This is my go-to, especially when I'm taking a break from wine but want to feel like the festive girl that I am.
It's got serious anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits plus it's delicious and easy to make. Try it and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!
SUGAR-FREE GINGER TURMERIC LEMONADE
- 4 cups of water
- 5 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1-2 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 2-3 lemons (depending how lemony you like it)
- 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional)
- Boil 4 c water over high heat
- Add ginger and turmeric
- Reduce heat to simmer for 8 - 15 mins.
- Strain through fine strainer into a bowl (I use glass so the turmeric residue doesn't stain it)
- Squeeze lemon juice into the bowl (watch out for seeds!)
- Let cool and store in fridge
(Special shoutout to Christa Orrechio for the inspiration)